Sunday, June 3, 2007

Beana's Favorite Eyeliners

I've always loved the look of eyeliner. My favorite way to wear it is just on the top lid. I've always felt eyeliner around the entire eye was overkill, plus it made my eyes look smaller. To look more natural, I went through a phase as a teen/young adult where I wore brown eyeliner every day. I'm back to basic black now, especially after seeing The Devil Wears Prada. It is my personal belief that Anne Hathaway brought eyeliner back just as JT brought "sexy back".

I'm not so steady with eye pencil, though. I haven't found one that glides well enough across my eyes, and I refuse to spend more than five bucks on one. Luckily I've found a few eyeliner products that I absolutely love!

M.A.C. Fluidline - $14.50. Even though you need a brush to apply this gel-like liner, you can't beat how highly pigmented the shades are, and how nicely it goes on. this stuff is perfect for that 1960's glamor girl look with the winged eyeliner and all.





Maybelline Express Finish Easy Lining Pen - Unfortunately, you can't find this stuff much anymore as Maybelline discontinued the product. I still have mine from many years ago and still use it. It gives the prescision of an eye pencil with the look of a liquid liner. It goes on very wet at first so I suggest you keep your eyes closed for at least 30 seconds after applying...that is if you can ever find the stuff! And if you do, let me know where I can get some more!


Photo courtely maccosmetics.com

No comments: