Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My latest Show!


I recently helped design the makeup for the off Broadway play Oroonoko along with my mentors J. Jared Janas & Rob Greene. It's a fantastic play set in the 1600's in Africa. It the story of a would be king who through a series of events gets sold into slavery. It's also probably the most depressing play ever but extremely compelling and very well acted by the cast.

I learned so much working on this show including some great special effects like putting whip scars on the backs of one of the slaves. I learned how to work with 3rd Degree, which is a SFX material that is used to make all kinds of gross looking scars, burns, etc. I was thrilled about that because I have been itching to learn some SFX and now I can say I've at least had some experience. More pictures to come!

The sweetest thing is seeing my name in the Playbill. That is truly a thrill. I'm so happy to be doing what I love, even if I'm not Pat McGrath yet. I'm on my way!

No comments: