Friday, November 13, 2009

Back with a Quick Review L'Oreal Paris Telescopic Explosion Mascara

You have no idea how excited I was about L'Oreal Paris' Telescopic Explosion mascara. As a Makeup artist and product junkie I love buying products and when Givenchy's Phenemoneyes came out, I wanted it so much, but spending $28 on a mascara you're supposed to throw out in three months to avoid bacteria... well, I just can't justify it in my mind.

Armed with my $5 rewards cupon from NYC staple Duane Reade, I headed there to get the new mascara, happy I was going to save more than half the price! I couldn't wait until the next morning to try it. Luckily, I remembered that Makeup Alley has great reviews so I read the reviews before I tried it. According to the reviews there's a trick in the application. You've got to hold the wand vertically, and you've got to wipe the wand before you start. You pretty much have to coat each lash individually. Then go over it a second time. The effect...once I was finally done 20 minutes later was nice, but I've gotten better results with other mascaras. I probably won't buy this again. I wonder the Givenchy Original version is any better...

No comments: